Saturday, February 25, 2012

Smashwords and Paypal- Erotica Dispute

I am deeply saddened by Smashwords and Paypal. Two companies I have previously had a lot a lot of business dealings.

First, I am saddened that Smashwords gave in to the demands of PayPal and recatagorized Beastiality, Rape and Incest Erotica. I do not publish these forms of Erotica, but obviously people wouldn't write it if people weren't interested in buying it. To CENSOR an author's work because PayPal has said they can't transact those sales is clearly CENSORSHIP.

1. In protest I say every author who publishes this type of work should make them FREE on Smashwords. Therefore, PayPal will have nothing to transact.

2. Send an Email to PayPal and let them know you don't support their forced CENSORSHIP of Smashwords. Please, If you feel the need CALL PayPal and Complain: 1-888-221-1161 inside the USA, 1-402-935-2050 outside the USA.

3. I hope some group of author's sues the pants off of PayPal. Loss of Royalties...

Secondly, I am saddened by PayPal's thoughts that they can deny the rights of FREE PRESS guaranted in the Bill of Rights. See the above solutions to the problem I've posted above.

No comments:

Post a Comment